Innovation and Creativity Management
Effective innovation management is more crucial than ever for staying competitive. The challenge is to identify and capture the problem in order to develop a proper solution. This may sound obvious, but modern innovation management is essential not only to ensure that new knowledge is created, but also that it is transferred to different areas to allow for integrated solutions. Interdisciplinary and cross-industrial collaboration is the key for innovativeness.
1. LEGO® Serious Play
LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® is a moderated process that combines the advantages of a game with the requirements of a business environment. Management teams worldwide use this method to develop solutions to complex problems. Using a variety of LEGO elements, workshop participants develop detailed models that serve as metaphors for their perception on various aspects of the workshop topic.
With LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY®,
- difficult facts can be presented clearly and memorably,
- a deep understanding of existing challenges is provided and creative solutions are produced, drawing upon the intense connection between hand and brain in situation analysis and action planning, and
- workshop participants gain insights into the processes of their team and its interconnections and can set the foundation for more effective communication.
As a result, a profound dialogue evolves which provides for better decision-making in less time.
Possible application fields for this method are, for instance:
- developing a clear focus of projects at an early stage
- prototyping and scenario testing
- assessment of risk factors
- service and process innovation
- other management topics such as human resources, user experience or customer handling.
2. Design Thinking
The concept of Design Thinking is a customer-centric and iterative approach for innovation in companies. Focusing on the customer allows for new products and services to be created based on real existing needs, which increases acceptance and demand for these products on the market. The concept aims to reduce waste of resources caused by failure of product and service innovations, lack of demand or lack of customer value.
Structure and objectives of the workshop:
A number of phases will systematically lead participants from the problem area to a solution space. Initially, the problem will be identified and formulated. This can be done through different methods such as observation, direct involvement of customers in the design thinking process or other qualitative data. The next step consists of a collection of all emerging ideas, which will be visualised and developed into prototypes of the new product or service. In order to obtain indications for future implementation of advanced products and services in the company, these prototypes will be analysed in regard to potential customer benefits, weaknesses and improvement opportunities. A simulation of the practical application and a following discussion round up the workshop. The overall objective is to demonstrate the simplicity and uncomplicated usability of the Design Thinking approach.
3. Social Media Workshop
Social Media have become an integral element of corporate communication. They promote networking and participation and have the potential to create an extensive network. The implementation of Social Media in organizations facilitates knowledge transfer and cooperation between a large number of different actors.
Our Social Media trainings cover various topics including Co-Creation, Content Management, Community Management and Crowd Sourcing. Our offers include workshops as well as long-term support services addressing the following aspects:
- Identification of the initial situation using a brand analysis and subsequent concretization of social media goals.
- It is determined which internal structures must be created in order to set up a social media concept with long-term success.
- The focus is on whether the social media goals are in line with the overall marketing strategy and how they can be integrated.
- The success of social media activities is recorded, interpreted and integrated into other activities.
- The content management concept assures long-term success with elaborated contents and activities for the following months.
4. Leading Innovation Workshop
In times of great uncertainty and profound change, a particular management quality is highly sought after: “Leadership”. Especially in innovation the ability to lead effectively is based on a number of key skills. Self- and time-management can be challenging but reconciling innovation goals is highly important. Limited time availability in innovation projects demands excellent presentation skills. Today’s business and innovation environment is fast-paced and complex, which has led to an increasing demand for flexibility and spontaneity.
We offer two different Leading Innovation Workshops:
i. Innovation Communication
This workshop equips its participants with everything that is important when it comes to innovation communication and rhetoric. This includes fundamentals of rhetoric and communication in an innovation context, presentational training, PowerPoint presentation training (designing of appealing slides) and pitch training (structuring and holding a prepared pitch, a pitch with a short preparation time and spontaneous pitches).
ii. Managing Innovation Projects
The objective of this workshop is to highlight how each participant can gain an increase in output by effectively managing their time and performance in innovation projects. The expected outcomes for the participants include:
- to be able to define their own key result areas, goals and objectives for innovation projects
- to be able to plan their time usage and prioritize their work
- to plan and control their task delegation for successful cooperative work in innovation teams
- to plan, manage and contribute to effective meetings